Auditions are not a destination, they are each a stop on our creative journey as actors. By utilizing a journal, our preparation, and mindful self-care, we can transform auditions into learning experiences that inform our long term creative path.
Replace people pleasing with empowered choice making. Replace desperation with soul driven purpose. Where fear has taken us away from our inner selves, we can breathe and allow fear to bring you closer to the level of work you want to do and closer to the humanity of each character.
Corey Parker is your master guide on this Audition Journey. He has lived as an actor for over 30 years, and has booked jobs on multiple networks, stage productions, and in film.He has taught actors for 18 years with empathy, compassion, and professionalism.
BY APPLICATION OR INVITATION ONLY.
A workshop of impassioned discovery and collaboration.
Acting is doing. In 6 weeks, you can learn to develop new work habits that affect your perception of auditions, your choice making, and your follow through– the work can inspire you in mind, body and spirit. You will work every week, letting go of left-brain (analytical) ideas and instead- entering a creative process that can be integrated into any actor’s day to day practices. Increase the amount of authenticity you can bring to each moment on camera through the practice of Trust.
Actors are willing to do whatever it takes to succeed in an audition, but there is an important lesson there- learning where to put your energy and where not to put your energy. Succeeding at auditioning is not just a matter of will!
|Dates:||April 9 – May 14. Sign up NOW as this class fills fast!|
|Duration:||6 weeks. Mondays, 7pm – 10pm.|
|Location:||The BGB Studio|
10999 Riverside Dr., Suite 301
North Hollywood, CA 91602
|Requirements:||By application or invitation only. For actors who are auditioning consistently. There are no make-ups for this 6-week class. (Cancellation Policy)|
|Cost:||$480 for the entire 6-week program. 2 installments ($270 & $210).|
Corey works with you on where to put your energy as an actor and where you can get out of your own way. He creates a safe space in this class, and addresses finding solutions to any actor’s old issues, fears, self-doubts, and insecurities. This is a solution-based process that includes being seen, heard, and supported by Corey, an actor and teacher with a mission- to support you where you need it, empower you when you want it, and let you learn not by talking, but by doing.
Work is often done on camera, with a variety of scene material. Sometimes you bring in material, sometimes it is provided.
This is a class for working actors who are auditioning regularly.
This class is not an audition or employment opportunity and there is no suggestion or guarantee of an audition or employment as a result of taking this class.
- Corey ParkerTeacherCorey Parker, an acclaimed actor in his own right, has trained actors on and off Broadway, on TV, and in film for 17 years. He has coached Patrick Dempsey, Sean Combs, Annaleigh Ashford, Scoot McNairy, and many more. Corey studied with Uta Hagen and worked under the direction of Herbert Berghof in three productions at the HB Playwrights Foundation. Corey is a lifetime member of the Actors Studio and the Ensemble Studio Theatre. He worked with the Steppenwolf Theater Company and has appeared on stage at the Public Theater in NY where he worked with Joseph Papp, at Circle Rep where he worked with Lanford Wilson, at the St. James, the American Place, and the Mark Taper Forum, among others. He’s also worked extensively in film and television. Corey has taught at numerous studios, including HB Studio. He has taught for Susan Batson in New York and L.A., at Rhodes College, the University of Memphis, and the list goes on. He currently teaches regular classes in Nashville and Memphis, and whenever we can get him to join us at BGB in Los Angeles. More on Corey here.
What Actors are Saying
- Corey Parker is a true artist. His intelligence, emotional life and creativity are formidable. It is Corey Parker who trusted me as a teacher and recommended me to Nicole Kidman whom I have coached for the past 20 years. I am returning the favor to all actors who seek great coaching. Take my advice and seize the opportunity to have a genuine genius to guide you on your path.Susan Batson Writer, Teacher
- Corey is an incredible teacher and acting coach. His patience, guidance and thoughtful insight are an asset to anyone interested in the art of acting.Gabriel Mann DAMNATION
- Corey Parker's understanding of humanity and the craft of acting is astounding. He's masterful at serving the needs of the actor regardless of their skill set. He is incredibly intuitive, sensitive and nurturing. I believe these to be essential traits for an effective teacher and coach. Studying with Corey has always inspired me to start from a place of joy and love of acting, to dig deeper, to explore the boundless possibilities and to risk it all for my artist. I'm proud to call him teacher, mentor, brother, and friend. He's the real deal.Shaun Baker CSI: Miami
- In this class I found the power to not back down. Corey helped me realize why my choices are not as specific as they can be. I can see now how I can get out of my head and into the action of the story, fighting for what I personally want. It's a much richer experience for myself and the audience! Thanks, CoreyMara Davi HUSTLING
- Corey Parker's instinct, support, and expertise as a coach have been invaluable to me as a working actor. I strive to always be a student of the craft and he always takes me to a new level of specificity. He has been instrumental in my preparation for character work and for script analysis. Corey always helps me find the truth. His coaching has been a blessing to me.Annaleigh Ashford AMERICAN CRIME STORY