Make-up, Attendance, + Cancellation Policy
In order to offer the highest quality class environment for all of our actors, we ask that you read our attendance, cancellation, and make-up policies carefully.
Payments + Attendance for Ongoing classes:
1. You are required to pay for the full month of classes in full on or before the first day of each month in order to guarantee your spot ($275 for 4 classes) no matter what day your class starts that month. You will receive an email the last week of the prior month, asking if you are returning. That will be followed by an emailed invoice (and reminders).
If your payment is made after the first of the month, you’ll be charged an additional $25 late fee. There are no exceptions.
2. There are no pro-rated months. All monthly payments are expected to be made for the full 4 weeks of that month’s class. If you know that you cannot attend all 4 classes, you can make-up one (1) of the classes for that month. See our make-up policy below.
3. If you intend to take a leave of absence, even for 1 month, please notify BGB immediately that you’re not attending that month so that we can fill that spot in class.
If you take time off from an ongoing class, your seat is not guaranteed when you return due to space and availability. You must notify BGB of your intended return in order to secure a spot in class, should one be available.
Payments + Attendance for 8-Week Classes:
1. Your first payment is due upon being invoiced. It is the only way to secure your spot in the class. Your spot is confirmed on a first-come first-serve basis.
2. Your second payment is invoiced after class #2 and is due before class #3. You must make the second payment before class #3 in order to continue with class 3-8.
3. For all BGB workshops: Your full payment is the only way to guarantee your spot, due upon being invoiced.
Make-up classes are offered as a courtesy for ongoing class actors ONLY who have legitimate scheduling issues that they know ahead of time, or find themselves too sick to attend class with at least 24 hour notice. We anticipate that class is a priority for you and that you’ll make every effort to attend. There are no make-ups if you notify us that you’re stuck on set, in rehearsal, in traffic, have a last minute audition, promised to drive a friend to the airport, or wake up sick on the day of a class.
1. You are entitled to one (1) make-up per month if you’re signed up for an entire month of an ongoing class.
2. You will be offered a make-up class selection (1-2 options, depending on what is available) for an ongoing class ONLY IF you ask for one at the time you notify us of your missed class. The make-up class (or classes) is specifically designated and scheduled for make-ups; it is NOT part of our ongoing classes. You will receive whatever make-up class option(s) we have on the books. Once you choose your make-up class option, you will NOT be offered a second choice. You cannot make up a class in any of our ongoing classes, whether it be your own class or another ongoing class.
3. If you know that you have conflicts at the time of your request, please identify those and we will keep that in mind when offering you make-up. We cannot guarantee that we can work around limited schedules.
4. Once you have confirmed your makeup, you cannot reschedule. If you miss your makeup class, you cannot reschedule.
5. There are NO make-ups for any 8-week classes or workshops.
1. To be eligible for a make-up, BGB must be contacted no less than one day (24 hours) prior to your missing class by email: email@example.com. Even if you call us or tell us in person or tell your TA or teacher, you must email us! You must also email your class TA and/or teacher so that they can make arrangements.
2. Additionally, if you intend to miss an ongoing class and you contact BGB and your TA within 24 hours prior to your missed class, you will be offered your 1 make-up option only if you notify us of your request at the time you notify us that you are missing the class. BGB will only provide a make-up class if contacted accordingly. (e.g. You cannot notify us on the day of a missed class and receive a make-up. Nor can you miss a class and then request a make-up after your 24 hour notification.)
3. Once you confirm your make-up class with the Studio, there are no substitutions. There will be no further obligation to provide a make-up class once we’ve made reasonable attempts to offer a suitable substitution to your missed class.
4. When you are given a make-up class, please know that you’re considered to be a part of the class to which you’re assigned, whether it is a current class or a class specifically designed for a group of make-up actors. Either way, we and the teachers are counting on your attendance. If you cannot attend that make-up class, it’s imperative that you notify the TA for the class (if there is a TA) and the Studio immediately. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
In any case: Please contact us if you’re planning to miss a class in any case by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and by calling 818-755-9500. Please do both, as well as contact your TA and/or teacher.
Cancellation of Class + Refunds:
1. Once you’ve paid for a full month of an ongoing class, there are no deferments or refunds. You may generate a make-up, outlined above, if you anticipate missing an ongoing class.
2. Once you’ve paid in full for an 8-week class, there are no deferments or refunds.
3. You are entitled to a full refund for any limited series class (such as an 8-week session) ten (10) or more days prior to the first day of the class. You are entitled to a 50% refund 4-9 days prior to the first day of the class. There is NO refund 1-3 days prior to the first day of the class or after a class has started. There are no exceptions.
4. If you’ve paid your deposit for an 8-week class or a workshop and you would like to defer that payment to another class at a later date, and it is within the 10 days prior to the start of that class or workshop, you can do so for a 6 month maximum period only. It is your responsibility to contact the Studio within 6 months to use your deposit for a class or workshop, should one be available, as per the discretion of the Studio.
You are entitled to a full refund for any workshop 10 or more days prior to the first day of the workshop. You are entitled to a 50% refund 4-9 days prior to the first day of the workshop. There is NO refund 1-3 days prior to or on any day of the workshop. This applies to all workshops – half-day sessions or multiple day sessions. There are NO make-ups for missing a workshop and there are no exceptions.
In order to keep the Studio running smoothly we appreciate your cooperation and understanding.